Getting to the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival
There are so many easy ways to get to the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival! The event takes place at Charles R. Wood Festival Commons, which is conveniently located in Lake George; just off Route 9/Canada Street. Its a short distance from two I-87 Highway exits, as well as Lake George hotels, shops, restaurants, attractions and more!
The Adirondack Wine & Food Festival will take place at Charles R. Wood Festival Commons in Lake George Village. The Festival Commons sits on the former 2.5 acre home of Lake George’s historic “Gaslight Village”, conveniently located off route 9 and a short distance from exits 21 and 22 of I-87. The Festival grounds, completed in 2016, features nice, flat grass and just outside the gate is a park with public bathrooms, a natural children’s playground, seating areas, and a skateboard park!
The venue is a short walk away from Million Dollar Beach and the always popular attractions, shops, restaurants and attractions of Canada Street and Beach Road, making it easy for you to make the most of your visit to Lake George when you attend the Adirondack Wine & Food
There is ample parking nearby the Festival Commons. Metered street parking is available throughout Lake George and several public parking lots are available for a nominal daily rate
FREE PARKING LOTS WITH TRANSPORTATION:
The Village & Town of Lake George Parking Lots (20 Old Post Road, Lake George) – FREE Parking lot with ample space. We are providing FREE transportation from this lot to the festival grounds via Upstate Transit.
The Lake George Outlets – Park for FREE & take the Trolley from French Mountain Commons, Adirondack Outlet Mall or Log Jam Outlets!.
- There are a few convenient Greater Glens Falls Transit Red Trolley Stop signs right on Route 9 in front of these outlet parking areas, but you can also flag down a trolley at any time on this route.
- You should take the RED TROLLEY GOING NORTHBOUND TO LAKE GEORGE to the Lake George Beach Road stop (located at the Lake George Steamboat Company Pier), and you will be only steps away from the festival grounds!
PAID PARKING LOTS located within walking distance of the festival grounds:
- The Lake George Steamboat Company Parking Lot
- Beach Road Parking Lot (Metered)
- Million Dollar Beach
- Biscotti Brothers Cafe Lot
- Handicap Access: Handicap parking is available at most of the above locations. The festival grounds are flat and grassy, with a single gravel pathway around the space.
- Additional metered and public parking is located throughout Lake George Village… a great option, if you want to take advantage of the plethora of shops, restaurants, and attractions Lake George has to offer before or after the festival.
- THE RED TROLLEY runs up and down route 9, from Glens Falls through Lake George Village and North to Bolton Landing
THE RED TROLLEY
THE TROLLEY IS RELIABLE AND INEXPENSIVE!
Greater Glens Falls Transit offers a Trolley Service from the Glens Falls area all the way to Lake George Village and north to Bolton Landing with several, frequent stops along route 9, the main thoroughfare in the area.
LAKE GEORGE BY BOAT OR BY BICYCLE
One of the best ways to enjoy Lake George is by boat!
Whether you own your own boat, have friends that do, or feel like renting a boat for the day, the Public Boat Docks of Lake George Village are only a short distance from the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival grounds! The docks are metered, at a rate of $2 per hour (maximum 22 hrs).
Yankee Boating Center has high-quality boat rentals that are perfect for people who are visiting festival weekend! They offer a selection of rentals that accommodate all different group sizes. It’s the perfect way to enjoy the beautiful waters of Lake George while attending the festival.
Are you a cyclist or enjoy bike rides with the family?
Warren County offers an amazing, well-manicured and picturesque bike path that starts in Glens Falls and ends at Lake George Battlefield Park, which is right across the street from the Festival Commons. Ample bicycle racks are available to secure your bike nearby. See the Bikeway Map Here>>
LAKE GEORGE BY TAXI OR ON FOOT
PREFER TO HAIL A CAB?
A number of taxi companies service the Lake George area; so drive safe and get dropped off and picked up right in front of the festival grounds! Find taxis on LakeGeorge.com>>
WALKING TO THE FEST? NO PROBLEM WHEN YOU STAY IN THE VILLAGE!
The Adirondack Wine & Food Festival grounds, Lake George Festival Commons, is located within easy walking distance to so many local hotels, restaurants, attractions, shops and outdoor activities. Park for the day and make the most of your time in the Queen of the American Lakes!